The Yakarti room was established in 2013. The room was named “Yakarti” by our Aboriginal parents and students, Yakarti meaning “kids” in the Kyani language group.
The room has many purposes:
- It is a comfortable and welcoming room for our families to come and have a chat and a cuppa
- If families have meetings with teachers they can meet in Yakarti room instead of the class room
- Teachers occasionally use the room when doing Aboriginal studies or to borrow resources
- students( Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal) can access the room during recess or lunch breaks where they can do activities or just hang out with their friends
- Students can get one on one support with assignments or other work they may be having difficulty with.